The Grid tab can be found when viewing the Analyse tab of your form, and displays all forms submitted by your field team.
You can page through submissions using the arrows at the bottom of the page. You can also select how many submissions you would like to see per page here.
Submissions are shown one section at a time. Submission data can be explored by switching between sections using the section drop-down, or the 'Previous Section' and 'Next Section' buttons.
The 'Submission Details' section will be shown by default. This section contains data that is automatically captured (meta data). You will see a column for each of the following:
- Row Number (#):A sequence number so you can keep track of which submission you are looking at as you move from one section to another.
- Note: the row number is not a permanent or unique identifier for that submission.
- Fieldworker Name: The name of the fieldworker who was assigned to the handset from which the submission was uploaded.
- Received Date: The date/time at which the submission was received by the system.
- Start Date: The date/time (according to the handset) at which the form was started.
- Note: if the form was suspended and resumed later, the original start date/time that will be used.
- End Date: The date/time (according to the handset) at which the form was completed.
- Duration: The calculated duration (in seconds) that the form took to complete.
- Handset Asset Code: The asset code of the handset from which the submission was received. The asset code is the code which you can give to each handset to help easily identify it (see here).
- Handset Identifier: The IMEI of the handset from which the submissions was uploaded.
- Language: The language in which the form was conducted.
- Modified By: The name of the user who last modified the submission. If no modifications have been made, this will be the fieldworker who uploaded the submission.
- Modified On: The date on which the submission was last modified. If no modifications have been made, this will be the Received Date.
- Latitude; Longitude: The GPS coordinates available at the time the form was started (if GPS is enabled).
- Note: the handset polls for GPS location and uses the last known coordinate when a new form is started. If no location was available at the time the form was started, a zero is displayed. If the form was suspended and resumed later, the GPS coordinates captured when the form was first started will be used. If a GPS field type is included in the form, the submission will show the coordinates provided at the time the field is answered.
- Version: The form version that was used by the fieldworker. If this version is less than the current version of the form, the fieldworker was using an older version of the form.
- Complete: Indicates whether the form instance has been completed, or whether an incomplete form has been submitted (see article on Form Completion Behaviour).
Note: 'Row Number', 'Fieldworker Name' and 'Received Date' are always displayed as the first three columns of the table, regardless of the section you've selected.
You can choose which columns you would like to see and export by clicking on 'Select Columns'. If you hide a column (i.e. deselect it), it will not appear in your exports.
You can select columns that you would like to see regardless of which section of your form you are viewing, or that you would like to see in every sheet of your work book. Simply click on the drop-down arrow next to the name of the column that you would like to fix and tick the check box next to 'Fixed'.
You can sort data by clicking on drop-down arrow next to the column name and selecting 'Sort ascending' or 'Sort descending'.
When a column has been sorted, an arrow appears next to the column name. The direction of the arrow (up or down) indicates the direction of the sorting. By clicking on the arrow you can change the direction of the sorted data.
The following field types can be sorted:
- Option list: Single select
- Text: Single line; Multi-line
- Number: Integer; Decimal
- Email address
- Phone number
- GS1 identifier
The following meta data can be sorted:
- Id (view/edit column)
- Start date
- Received date
- Fieldworker name
- Modified by
- Modified on
When viewing the submissions for a form, the column names will automatically be the field identifiers that you used when designing the form.
You cannot change a field identifier once submissions have been received for your form, but you can change the column names when viewing and exporting your data. When you change the column name, the form design is not impacted in any way and different users can use their own naming conventions. Edits made to column names are temporary, unless you save your current settings as a report.
To rename a column, click on the drop-down arrow next to the column name and select 'Rename'.
When choosing a new column heading, remember to make sure that it is unique. The new name can include:
- Open and close brackets ()
- Underscores _
- Hyphens -
Press Enter to store the change. If you export this data, the new column name will be used in your downloaded file.
An “(R)” is added to the name of a section that contains repeating data. When viewing a repeating section in the grid, a row is shown for each iteration. The “Instance” column indicates the number of the iteration.