Mobenzi Lockdown is an optional add-on purchased by the Account Owner. Once data collection has been completed or the handsets will be used for a purpose other than data collection, you may wish to permanently remove Lockdown from the handsets or the account.
Note: Lockdown can be deactivated temporarily, for example to join a new Wif-fi network, by simply following the steps in this article: Temporarily deactivating Lockdown
Step 1: Deactivate Lockdown from the Manage Handsets page
Lockdown can also be deactivated using bulk action.
- Select all the handsets you wish to deactivate Lockdown for all choosign to select all handsets.
- From the bulk action on the right, choose 'Deactivate Lockdown' from the dropdown list.
- Click on 'Apply to selected' and confirm to deactivate Lockdown.
If the handset has network connectivity, the fieldworker can check for updates and the lock icon will disappear from the notifications bar of the handset.
Step 2: Update default for home button
Steps may vary between handsets.
- Open the Settings application.
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Tap the Options button in the top right corner.
- Tap 'Default' Apps.
- Select 'Home' Screen.
- Select the installed launcher for example TouchWiz that you want to use by default.
Step 3: Remove Lockdown from the account
The Account Owner can remove Lockdown entirely from the account after steps 1 and 2 have been completed above.
- From the account overview page, the Account Owner can select 'Change' next to the Lockdown add-on
- Untick the box of the Lockdown add-on
Note: It is important to ensure that Lockdown is deactivated from all handsets before removing Lockdown from the account. If any of the handsets are in the field or do not have access to Wifi or network connectivity, take care to note the pin to deactivate Lockdown on handset as the pins will cleared from the console once Lockdown is removed from the account. Once they have connectivity again, check for updates and update the home button as indicated in the steps above.