Note: Mobenzi Gateway is not available on Google Play Store. The Mobenzi mobile app requires Android version 5 or above. We would recommend Android version 6 or higher.
Watch a video walk-through of how to get the Mobenzi mobile app up-and-running on your handset:
The Mobenzi mobile app can be downloaded and linked to your account by following these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Install Mobenzi Gateway
- From the handset's browser, go to http://mobenzi.com/download
- Tap "Download Mobenzi Gateway".
- Wait a few moments for the file to download, then tap to install it.
- Look in your notifications tray or under 'Downloads' if you can't find the file.
- You will probably be asked to allow untrusted sources if prompted, please go ahead and do so from your handset settings.
- Once installed, open the Mobenzi Gateway app.
Step 2: Link the app to your account and register the handset to a fieldworker
- If the handset hasn't been linked to a project in your account yet, you'll need to do so by entering the unique project setup code (the code for the default "Demo Project" is provided in your welcome email or available on the console).
- If the handset hasn't been registered to a fieldworker yet, you'll be prompted to enter new fieldworker details. If the handset belongs to you, you can enter your own personal details. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of the fieldworker who will be using the handset. A team member will be added to your account and the handset will be registered to them when you complete the setup process.
Step 3: Check for updates and submit a form
- Tap on the "Demo Project" icon.
- From the menu, select 'Demo form' and run through the form to get a feel for how different field types work.
- Complete the form and submit. You can now login to the console to view the data captured.
Using the legacy mobile app? Have a look at our article on How to download & install the mobile app (legacy).