By saving or publishing a report, you can save any changes you've made to the default view of your data. These changes include filtering and the renaming of column names. You can also share a report with other team members.
Advantages of publishing a report:
- Share data with clients and partners without giving them access to your account.
- Decide which data to share with other stakeholders.
- Include real-time reports in your own branded portal.
- Effortlessly store and refer back to common filters.
- Export only the data you need.
Create and publish a new report:
Choose your filters
You can filter your data as per normal. See here for more information.
Select which fields to display
Check out these articles to help you with this:
Save your report
As soon as you have applied the filters and are satisfied with the data that you are viewing, you can save it as a custom report:
- Click on the Report Settings tab.
- Enter the name of your report.
- Provide a short description of your report. This will be especially helpful when sharing your report with others.
- Choose who you would like to share your report with. You have 3 options:
- Keep it private i.e only you will be able to see your report.
- Share it internally with your team members who have access to the Analyse tab of your workspace.
- Publish your report to the web. This will mean that anyone who has the URL will be able to view your report. You can password-protect the report to restrict access (see next section).
- Select 'Save'.
Once you have saved your report, you will be able to find it in the drop-down next to the Report Settings tab (far right).
Public (published) reports
When you select to make a report public, you will need to provide more information:
- Tick this box to set up a password for your report. Once you have ticked the box, you will be prompted to enter a password. Users will be prompted to enter the password to open the report and view the data.
- The URL that is generated for your report will appear here after you have saved it. Share this with anyone that requires access to this report. They do not need to be a user on the account to access the report.
- Choose which tabs to display. For example, only display the Analytics Overview and the Grid tabs and choose whether or not to grant people access to exporting the data. From here, you can also choose which tab to make the default tab.
- Select the allowed filtering capabilities of people who access the report. If you don’t select any, the filter bar will be hidden completely. If you choose to make a report public, and it is accessed via the URL that you provided, all report settings and data will be read-only. However, if you choose to allow custom filtering, anyone with access to the report will be able to change or completely remove the filtering that you have applied. In this way, they will be able to gain access to all submissions in your workspace.
Once you have saved your report, you can browse to the URL provided to review it.
Deleting a report
You can delete a report at any time. No data or submissions will be deleted.
Do delete a report, go to Report Settings (1) and select 'Delete this report' at the bottom left of the page (2). In the pop-up, select 'OK' (3).
Note that data for fields marked as sensitive will not be visible in public published reports, regardless of permissions. Sensitive fields will always be hidden from public published reports.