You've logged in and set up your project – next, you have to design the form(s) your team is going to use to capture data.
A form consists of one or more pages. Each page contains one or more fields, or groups of fields. Fields will follow each other in the order they appear on the console, unless you've added skip logic to adjust this order.
To design your form, follow these easy steps:
- Add a form. Once you've added a form, the form's Design page will open up.
- Enter your page label text.
- Add fields to your page. You can also add more pages (optional).
- Add skip logic and validation rules (optional).
- Preview your form to check how it will be displayed on a handset.
- Once you are happy with your form, publish it to make it available to any assigned fieldworkers.
- Make the form available in different languages.
- Rename the form.
- Duplicate the form to create an exact copy of it.
- Change the status of the form.
- Delete the form if it was created by mistake, or if it is a demo form which is no longer needed.
- Assign the form to team members to make it available on their handsets (or unassign it to remove it from their handsets).
- Move the form to a different project.
- Define a folder structure for a project which determines how forms are organised on a fieldworker's handset.
Using the legacy form designer? Have a look at our article on The Basics of designing a form in the legacy form designer.