Submission event hooks are used for notifying external systems about events related to a submission. There are three different event triggers that can be configured at a form level, namely:
- Submission received - triggered when a new submission is uploaded
- Submission modified - triggered when a user modifies a submission
- Submission deleted - triggered when a user deletes a submission
It is possible to configure a URL endpoint for each of these events that will be called in real-time as the event occurs. Several GET parameters will be posted to the specified URL at the time of the event occurring. These parameters include:
| submissionid|| uniqueidentifier||Identifies the submission uniquely|
| surveyid|| integer||Identifies which form the submission was for|
| externalid|| string||User-defined reference to the form|
| customid|| string||User-defined instance id (usually set by the override handler)|
| createdon|| datetime||Date/time at which the submission was received. Only present for a "Submission Received" trigger|
| createdby|| string||Name of the fieldworker who uploaded the submission. Only present for a "Submission Received" trigger|
| modifiedon|| datetime||Date/time at which the submission was modified. Not present for a "Submission Received" type|
| modifiedby|| string||Name of the user who modified the submission. Not present for a "Submission Received" type|
| submissionjson|| string|| If "Include the full submission as post data" is checked on the trigger configuration this parameter will contain a JSON object representing the entire submission|
Submission trigger configuration
- From the Design tab select 'Integration Settings'
- Enter a URL for each of the events you wish to handle. To remove an existing trigger simply clear the trigger URL field and click Save.
- Once a trigger URL has been configured, the URL will trigger immediately for all future events of that type for that form.