Submission event hooks are used for notifying external systems about events related to a submission. There are three different event triggers that can be configured at a form level, namely:
- Submission complete - triggered when a new submission is completed (web collection only) to return custom content to display to the respondent instead of the default confirmation screen (Premium+ plans)
- Submission received - triggered when a new submission is uploaded (web and mobile data collection)
- Submission modified - triggered when a submission is modified (via the console or API)
- Submission deleted - triggered when a user deletes a submission (via the console or API)
Note: Submission event hooks are only available to paid plan subscribers.
It is possible to configure a URL endpoint for each of these events that will be called in real-time as the event occurs. Several parameters will be posted to the specified URL at the time of the event occurring. These parameters include:
|submissionid||uniqueidentifier||Identifies the submission uniquely|
|surveyid||integer||Identifies which form the submission corresponds to|
|externalid||string||User-defined reference to the form|
|customid||string||User-defined instance id (deprecated)|
|createdon||datetime||Date/time at which the submission was received. Only present for a "Submission Received" trigger|
|createdby||string||Name of the fieldworker who uploaded the submission. Only present for a "Submission Received" trigger|
|modifiedon||datetime||Date/time at which the submission was modified. Not present for a "Submission Received" type|
|modifiedby||string||Name of the user who modified the submission. Not present for a "Submission Received" type|
|submissionjson||string||If "Include the full submission as post data" is checked on the trigger configuration this parameter will contain a JSON object representing the entire submission|
Submission trigger configuration
- From the Design tab select the 'Settings' icon in the toolbar.
- Select 'API Integration settings' from the drop-down options list.
- Enter a URL for each of the events you wish to handle.
- Once a trigger URL has been configured, the URL will trigger immediately for all future events of that type for that form.
- To remove an existing trigger simply clear the trigger URL field and click Save.