This feature allows the fieldworker to capture a respondent's signature, provided that the form is being conducted on a touch screen handset. The captured signature will be saved as an image.
To add this ability to your form, you first need to add a custom menu action that will enable signature capture. Then you need to add/select the fields in the form where you want the fieldworkers access this custom menu action.
Add a custom menu action to enable signature capture
1. In your form designer, click on 'Advanced Form Options'.
2. In the right-hand side panel, select 'Form menu and enhanced options'.
3. Click on the plus icon next to 'Add' to add 'signature capture' as an option in your form.
4. In the pop-up, click on the drop-down menu to select the action that you want to enable. In this case, it would be the Signature Capture.
5. Add a label (this is what your fieldworkers will see on their handsets when viewing this custom menu item) and select 'Add'. The custom menu action is added to your options menu. You can remove this custom menu action again by selecting the red cross icon next to it.
Add a field to capture signature to your form
6. In the Design tab, add a 'Photo' field to your form. This will be used to store the image of the captured signature.
Select 'More options' and tick the box next to 'Hide Standard Input'. This is to override the default photo capture with the signature capture image instead. Press 'Next' to proceed to the final step.
8. Enable the custom menu item that you set up in steps 1-5 by clicking on the check box next to 'Capture Signature'. Once you have done this, click on 'Finish'.
When conducting the form, the fieldworkers will now be able to capture a signature at the fields where the menu action was enabled. This is done by selecting 'Options' (bottom left) and selecting the label that you've given this action at step 5 on the list of options that appears.