On occasion, you may find it necessary to allow a fieldworker to temporarily access their handset's settings or other apps (e.g. let them join a new WiFi network) - actions that are blocked by the Mobenzi Lockdown plugin. Users with handset management permissions, have access to a one-time PIN that will temporarily deactivate Lockdown on the fieldworker's handset for 10 minutes once entered. After 10 minutes, Lockdown will automatically be activated on the handset again and a new one-time PIN is generated.
Step 1. Locate the Lockdown PIN for the handset and share it with the fieldworker:
- Find the relevant handset on the Handsets tab and click on the handset's identifier.
- In the drop-down, select 'View handset' to open the individual handset's page.
- A 4-digit Lockdown PIN will be displayed. Share this one-time PIN with the fieldworker to allow them to temporarily deactivate Lockdown on their handset for a period of 10 minutes.
Note: once the PIN has been used successfully by the fieldworker to temporarily deactivate Lockdown, a new PIN will be generated.
Step 2. Instruct the fieldworker to enter the Lockdown PIN:
Send the PIN to the fieldworker by calling them or sending them an SMS. The PIN can be used as follows:
- On the home screen, select the "Help" icon.
- Scroll to 'Lockdown Settings' and tap 'Disable Lockdown'.
- In the pop-up, enter the 4-digit PIN number received provided and tap on 'Deactivate'.
- Lockdown will be temporarily deactivated for 10 minutes, after which it will be activated automatically on the handset again. An open lock icon will be visible in the handset's notifications bar.
Note: if the fieldworker is offline, they can still deactivate Lockdown on their handset using the PIN provided. They will be able to re-use the same PIN multiple times until they have connectivity again. Once connectivity has been established, the PIN will no longer be valid and a new PIN generated on the console must be used.