Watch a video walk-through of how to get the Mobenzi mobile app up-and-running on your handset:
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Install Mobenzi Gateway
- From the handset's browser, go to https://mobenzi.com/download
- Tap "Download Mobenzi Gateway".
- Wait a few moments for the file to download, then tap to install it (allow untrusted sources if prompted). Look in your notifications tray or under 'Downloads' if you can't find the file.
- Once installed, open the Mobenzi Gateway app.
Step 2: Link the app to your account and register the handset to a fieldworker
- If the handset hasn't been linked to a project in your account yet, you'll need to do so by entering the unique project setup code (the code for the default "Demo Project" is provided in your welcome email or available on the console).
- If the handset hasn't been registered to a fieldworker yet, you'll be prompted to enter new fieldworker details. If the handset belongs to you, you can enter your own personal details. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of the fieldworker who will be using the handset. A team member will be added to your account and the handset will be registered to them when you complete the setup process.
Step 3: Install any pre-requisites
- Tap to download and install any prerequisites that are needed. Wait for a few moments for the selected app to download. When prompted, install each app once it finishes downloading.
- Once all apps needed have been installed, the setup wizard will complete and the Mobenzi Gateway Home screen will be displayed.
Step 4: Check for updates and submit a form
- Tap on the "Demo Project" and wait for any forms to download.
- From the 'Conduct survey' menu, select 'Demo form' and run through each question to get a feel for how different field types work.
- Complete the form and wait for it to upload. You can now login to the console to view the data captured.
You can also have a look at the article on using the Mobenzi mobile app.