Note: You only need to assign forms to data collectors if you intend to use the Mobenzi mobile app for data collection or restrict access to web forms to assigned data collectors.
A data collector will only be able to access a form from the mobile app if it has been assigned to them. If you no longer want a data collector to have access to a form, you can unassign the form. Form assignments can be managed from the Collect tab. The assignment status icon next to each data collector's name indicates whether a survey and its updates are currently assigned to a data collector.
To assign/unassign forms
- Navigate to the 'Collect tab' of the form you would like to assign.
- On the 'Form assignments' page, select the relevant data collector:
- Use the filters to determine which data collectors are listed.
- Select/deselect data collector individually by ticking/clearing the checkbox next to each data collector 's name OR,
- Use the 'Select All' button to bulk select data collectors matching the currently filters (including those not shown on the first page of results)
- From the Bulk actions drop-down menu, select the action and click 'Apply'.
- Forms can be assigned to/unassigned from an individual data collector by selecting the settings icon next to the relevant data collector and choosing the action (assign/unassign) from the drop-down menu.
Use the filters at the top of the page to quickly find and list the following data collectors:
- All data collectors in the current workspace.
- Data collectors currently assigned to the form that you are viewing.
- Data collectors not assigned to the form that you're viewing.
- Data collectors assigned to the form who do not have the latest version of the form downloaded.
- Filter by tag.
- Filter by a data collector's name.
Assignment status icons
An icon next to each data collector indicates the current assignment status of the selected form:
- Green: the form is assigned to the data collector and they have downloaded the latest version of the form.
- Yellow: the form is assigned to the data collector but they have not yet downloaded it, or they do not have the latest version of the form downloaded.
- Grey: the form is not assigned to the data collector.
Note: data collectors will receive any updates made to the assignment of forms once they have internet connectivity. Notifications ca be viewed in the Notifications module on the mobile app.