You've logged in and set up your project – next, you have to design the form(s) your team is going to use to capture
A form consists of one or more sections. Each section contains one or more fields. Fields will follow each other in the order they appear on the console, unless you've added logic/branches to adjust this order.
To design your form, follow these easy steps:
- Add a form. Once you've added a form, the form's Overview page will open up.
- Select the Design tab.
- Add section(s) to your form.
- Add field(s) to your sections.
- Add logic, constraints, and validation.
- Once you are happy with your form, change it's status to 'Live'.
There are also some more complex design aspects you can include in your form, including:
- Validate responses.
- Prevent responses to specific questions from being edited.
- Make the form available in different languages.
- Add advanced logic, mathematical, date and question manipulation operations.
After you've designed your form, there are a few other form management tasks you can perform:
- Rename or duplicate the form.
- Preview the form to see it as it would appear on paper, or print/export it to a PDF to keep as a record or to share with a team member.
- Change the status of the form.
- Delete the form if it was created by mistake, or if it is a demo form which is no longer needed.
- Assign/unassign the form to team members so they are able to download the form to their handsets.
- Organise where forms are found on the console. You can also define a folder structure for a study which determines how forms are organised on a fieldworker's handset.
Once you have the hang of designing a basic form, also try out the more advanced features.