Getting started with Mobenzi Researcher
| Reference Number: AA-00204 Last Updated: 2015-01-05 14:47
This getting started guide will cover the following topics:
- Set up an account
- Download the app
- Conduct a survey
- Login to the web console
- Explore the web console
- Review captured data
1. Set up an account
If your organisation doesn't already have a Mobenzi Researcher account, you can request a free trial account. Please ensure you've reviewed our features and pricing.
We'll need the following information to create an account for you:
- The name of your company or organisation
- Your role at the organisation
- The make, model, mobile and IMEI number of a compatible handset you'd like to use
Once we've received your request, we'll email you a confirmation with further instructions as well as how to login to the Mobenzi Researcher web console.
2. Download the app
To capture data from a handset or tablet, you'll need to provision the device first. This process entails downloading the Mobenzi Researcher mobile application and linking it to your account.
If you provided us with your handset info during the account setup phase, you may already have received an SMS to download the Mobenzi Researcher mobile app. Open the link contained in the SMS and download and install the application. Depending on the make and model of your device, this process may vary slightly.
Once you've downloaded and installed the app open it to check for updates from the main menu to download the forms assigned to the device.
3. Conduct a survey
After checking for updates, the main menu will display a new menu option, "Conduct Survey". Surveys can also be grouped into custom folders in which case the root-level folders are listed instead.
- From the main menu, select the option to "Conduct Survey" (if it is shown) or select a folder.
- The survey(s) available on the handset (or in the selected folder) will appear on the screen. Select the survey you wish to conduct.
- It's likely that you have been allocated a "Demo Survey" which demonstrates how the application handles different types of questions, repeating sections, skip patterns, validation, etc.
- The top part of the handset screen shows the percentage of the survey that has been completed.
- Throughout the survey you can select "Options", "Back" to edit a response, however once you complete and submit the survey, it cannot be accessed again from the handset.
- Before exiting the application after completing a survey, wait for the notice, "Pending Upload" to disappear. In areas where there is no cell phone reception, these will accumulate until reception is available.
- See the full help article on using the Mobenzi Researcher mobile application for further information and feature explanations.
4. Login to the web console
The Mobenzi Researcher web console allows you to view captured data, design and deploy surveys and manage handsets and people in your studies.
If you haven't logged in to your account before, you'll need to start off by configuring your password:
- Browse to https://www.researchconsole.com/.
- Click on "I forgot my password".
- Enter your email address and click on "Submit". You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- Click on the password reset link and follow the instructions.
5. Explore the web console
Once you have logged in, you'll see a dashboard for the currently selected study.
If you requested a trial, our team may have set up a demo study and survey for you, which you can access in the quick-switch panel by selecting the drop down arrow next to your account name in the top left corner of the screen.
The Help Centre contains lots of information on how to use the web console to design surveys, access captured data, manage staff and devices.
6. Review captured data
To view the captured data:
- From the web console dashboard, select your live survey e.g. "Demo Survey".
- Select the "Analytics" tab and then "Grid" from the data window. Your submission will be one of those listed.